The OzHOG Chapter of the Harley Owners Group exists for the purpose as outlined in the Annual Charter for H.O.G. Chapters
These are stated as follows:-
- The purpose of the local chapter shall be to promote responsible motorcycling activities for H.O.G. members by conducting chapter activities and encouraging participation in other H.O.G. events.
- Chapter activities and operations shall be conducted in a manner consistent with a family oriented, non-political philosophy.
OzHOG Chapter has both a moral and legal obligation to provide a safe and friendly environment for members, guests and the public in general.
As part of the official membership to the OzHOG Chapter for H.O.G. we ask that all members and associates are to strictly adhere to our Code of Conduct. The following are examples of unacceptable conduct.
- Failing to abide by the Annual Charter for H.O.G. Chapters and/or our Chapter Rules of Association,
- Bringing the Chapter, H.O.G. or Sponsoring Dealers name into disrepute,
- Disobeying official instructions issued by the Director or Committee members,
- Aggressive behaviour towards others which includes both verbal and physical,
- Any form of discrimination or harassment including sexual, racial, religious, physical or bullying,
- Undermining Chapter events or activities including coercive behaviour,
- Un-safe riding including failure to abide by the road laws,
- Conduct that creates or inflames disharmony in the Chapter, and
- Vexatious behaviour towards other members.
Enforcement of the Code of Conduct
OzHOG Chapter will monitor and enforce the adherence by all members and associates to the Code of Conduct with a formal warning and disciplinary process as outlined below. This policy supports the Rules of Association of the OzHOG Chapter.
- First infringement will incur a formal written warning from the Chapter Director and a Primary Officer. Written warnings have a lifetime of one year.
- Second infringement will incur a formal written warning from the Chapter Director and a Primary Officer. Written warnings have a lifetime of one year.
- Any subsequent infringements will mean the Individual's Chapter membership will be cancelled immediately.
Under the HOG Charter and our Rules of Association there are also special circumstances for the immediate expelling of members by the Sponsoring Dealer, should the offence be considered severe.
Within the Chapters Rules of Association there are Rights of Appeal which may be followed by the member to have their case heard by the Committee.
Breaches of the Code of Conduct
It is impossible to outline all the possible breaches of the Chapter Code of Conduct. General standards of public behaviour and individual circumstances all influence the behaviour under which we operate our Chapter. In all cases of infringements these will be considered by the Chapter Office bearers and their decision will represent the Chapters overall view.