Chapter 9053 (OzHOG) History
HOG, the Harley Owners Group, was founded in 1983 as an initiative of the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Company and achieved a membership of around 33,000 in the first year. The HOG has now over 950,000 members worldwide and is the largest factory backed motorcycle club in the world.
OzHOG was formed in 1987 by the owner of Peter Stevens Motorcycles, Mr. Peter Chiodo and several Harley Davidson owners, one being Mr. Mike Allen (our first Chapter Director) and their 1st official ride as Oz HOG was to Cobram in February 1988. For this reason we celebrate the commencement of the Chapter as 1988.
OzHOG holds the distinguished honour of being the original foundation chapter established in Australia and of being the first outside of North America.
OzHOG membership provides you with the following benefits and privileges:
- Eligibility to attend state based and national H.O.G. rallies and other H.O.G. benefits.
- Monthly member newsletter (mailed or download from website).
- Entitles you to participate in monthly, weekend & week night twilight rides/dinners.
- Subsidised entrance to regular chapter social events.
- 10% discount on HD merchandise from our sponsoring dealer, Harley Heaven,445 Spencer Street (corner Spencer and Dudley St), West Melbourne.
OzHOG Melbourne Chapter & the HOG is a family orientated, exclusive social club for anyone who owns a Harley Davidson Motorcycle.
– Ride Safe